Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Why Pirate Weddings?


When my wife and I were planning our wedding (the second for both of us), we knew we wanted something different. We still wanted a meaningful event, but we knew we didn't want the cookie cutter-white dress-black tuxedo wedding that seems to be the norm. We also wanted to make sure that I, the groom, was involved in the planning and I gotta tell you, if the question is which color teal do we make the napkins, it may not hold my attention.


I know some people think of the wedding as the bride's big day, but let's get real.: the day belongs to both of you! We wanted the ocean. We wanted an event that everyone would remember, and if I have to be totally honest, I'm a sucker for a great theme. When we discussed our desires, I half-jokingly suggested a pirate wedding, and she said yes. We were off and running. Men with guns and swords, women in bodices, rum punch, ocean view, pewter tankards... it went on and on.


When we set off to plan the wedding, we found that the wedding industry on the whole wasn't that interested in creating alternative weddings, they want you to buy their stuff, so we really had to make it up as we went along. My desire for this blog site is to provide some information that might help, or offer myself as a guide if you prefer more customized help.


Check back for more notes from our adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment